Solving Our Climate Crisis
Years of denial have left us in a climate crisis. Bushfires devastated the country in 2019 -2020 and two coal fueled catastrophic flood events within a month have destroyed towns, homes, roads, schools and businesses across the Northern Rivers. But the Labor and Liberal parties want to build more coal and gas.
The Greens have a comprehensive plan to phase out coal and gas, reduce emissions by 75% by 2030 and 100% by 2035. This plan will create a jobs and investment boom in new industries, expanded mineral mining and 100% renewable energy. Our plan also makes sure coal workers are supported throughout the transition, and invests in regional communities to develop new local industries.
Australia needs urgent policy change but the only time we’ve seen real legislation for climate action was when the Greens held the balance of power in 2010. Let’s do it again in 2022.
- No new coal and gas
- 100% renewable electricity by 2030
- 100% of new light-vehicle sales to be electric by 2030
- Phase-out of thermal coal exports by 2030
- Subsidies for home and community batteries
- Immediate end to native forest logging and broad scale land clearing