RICHMOND CAMPAIGN ORGANISER
The Greens, NSW
Part-time fixed term contract
The Richmond Campaign Committee [“RCC”] is seeking an energetic, experienced and innovative Campaign Organiser to engage volunteers to win the seat of Richmond at the upcoming Federal Election. This is a busy part-time role, running from May 2021 until one day after the Federal election (which could be held at any time between August 7, 2021, and 21 May 2022). You will work closely with the Campaign Manager and the Greens endorsed candidate for Richmond, Mandy Nolan.
The role is for 2 days per week with a view to increase hours as the campaign progresses.
As Richmond Campaign Organiser, you will be building on a successful foundation. We have a coordinated and engaged supporter base and a sitting state MP, Tamara Smith.
The Greens provide a positive alternative to the tired, cynical politics of Labor and the National Party. Unlike the old parties, the Greens have a consistent history of standing up for what is right, not just what is easy or what polls well. In the Federal Parliament, there are 10 Greens MPs. This includes leader Adam Bandt in the House of Representatives - and we could see Mandy Nolan join him. That’s worth campaigning for!
We are looking for an experienced campaigner who is great at training and motivating volunteers and persuading voters. The successful candidate will be someone who can multi-task across multiple projects – sometimes leading and sometimes supporting others.
RICHMOND CAMPAIGN ORGANISER CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engaging in political discussion and persuading others to vote for your candidate
- Campaigning using a variety of engagement strategies
- Under the direction of the Campaign Manager and RCC, plan and organise events, launches, training sessions, candidate briefings and other campaign activities
- Supporting local volunteers to campaign and use systems to run voter contact and volunteer recruitment campaigns including days of action
- Overseeing data management and facilitating the onboarding of new supporters and volunteers
- Organising and running training sessions campaigners and Greens volunteers in using our online systems (gVIRS, ROCKeT, CiviCRM and NationBuilder)
- Building volunteer teams to run an electorate wide community survey and door-knocking campaign
- A commitment to The Greens and to advancing Greens policies and principles
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to campaign deadlines
- The ability to work effectively with a busy and energetic team of paid staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to upskill, support and delegate to other employees and volunteers on the campaign
- Experience presenting training one-to-one as well as to larger groups
- A good understanding of the importance of data management in campaigning
- Experience in documentation development
- Experience with contact databases including Nation Builder
- Excellent IT skills including email, internet, Microsoft Office, and web-based applications and an ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets
- Understanding of NSW and Australian political issues and the political system
- Experience working or volunteering to support an election, social justice, environment, and/ or community campaign
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The Greens NSW is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that at least 50% of applicants interviewed identify as women.
The position will be primarily based in the Richmond Campaign Office/s (location/s TBC) and will involve frequent travel around the Richmond electorate.
The position is available from July 2021 until one day after the Federal election (which could be held at any time between August 7, 2021, and 21 May 2022) and is part-time for 2 days per week. Conditions are in accordance with The Greens NSW Staff Collective Agreement 2012: Clause 13 Fixed Term Contract. You will be employed at the pay scale of Administration Worker Step 2, pro-rata. Salary is currently $74,387.96 per annum plus superannuation paid at 1% above the statutory rate. Any Time Off in Lieu will need to be approved in writing prior to being worked and accumulated A 6-month probationary period applies.
To apply, please send an application letter addressing the selection criteria, CV and contact details for two referees in one PDF file to [email protected] using the subject line “Richmond Campaign Organiser application – YOUR NAME”.
Please apply before 5 pm Tuesday 22 June